A 30-year old Lincoln County resident has been charged for calling in a fake bomb threat, O'Fallon police announced Jan. 13.

The case goes back to Sept. 8, 2019, when the O’Fallon Police Department responded to Wal-Mart following a pair of phone calls that indicated a bomb was in the store. 

The O’Fallon Police Department responded to the store and assisted in ensuring all employees and customers were able to exit the building safely. At the department's request, the St. Charles County Bomb Squad, along with explosive detecting K9s from Lambert Airport and the ATF responded to assist in the investigation. It was determined there was no credible threat to the business and no explosive devices were located; at which time the business was re-opened to the public.

On Oct. 4, 2019, Ashley Ellis was arrested in connection to the false bomb threat, and the St. Charles County Circuit Court later charged Ellis with Making a False Bomb Report and Stealing.

• • •

In another recent case, a 23-year old St. Louis man has been arrested and charged after making two false bomb threats to two separate O’Fallon businesses.

On Jan. 8, 2020, at about 10:16 a.m., the O’Fallon Police Department received a phone call from Wal-Mart because they had just received a phone call indicating there was a bomb inside their store. While police were responding to Wal-Mart, at about 10:20 a.m., the O’Fallon Police Department received an additional phone call from O’Charley’s restaurant and were alerted to the fact that they had also received a phone call that indicted there was a bomb inside their restaurant. Officers assisted both locations with the evacuation of employees and customers. The O’Fallon Police Department K9 unit responded and with the use of the explosive detection K9, were able to successfully determine no actual explosives were in either location. Later during the evening of January 8th, Alexander Scott, was arrested in St. Louis City in connection to the false bomb threats made in O’Fallon.

On Jan. 10, 2020, the St. Charles County Circuit Court charged Scott with two counts of Making a Terrorist Threat (First Degree); with a bond set at $25,000 cash only.